Currently, we are building drivers into AccessTUNER Race for Windows 8. In the meantime, you can use this guide to get ATR working on your Windows 8 machine.
1. Click on the link to download the latest AP Manager.
2. Click Run to run APManagerSetup.exe.
Follow the instructions on the screen for installing AccessPORT Manager.
When prompted, grant APManagerSetup.exe access to make changes on your computer.
3. Click Yes to grant access.
Read and accept the license agreement:
4. Click “I Agree” to accept the license agreement.
Install AccessPORT Manager
5. Allow the installer to install AccessPORT Manager by clicking the “Install” button.
Finish the installation process by clicking “Finish”.
A) Find your AccessPORT Driver directory. Using Windows Explorer, navigate to “C:\”.
B) If you see “Program Files (x86)”, open that folder. Otherwise, look for “Program Files”.
C) Open the “AccessPORT” folder.
D) Open “AccessPORT Driver”.
E) Select all of the files (Click and drag to highlight all of the files).
F) Right click on the files and select “Copy”.
G) 6. Navigate to your Downloads directory by clicking the Favorites->Downloads link.
H) Create a new folder by right clicking and selecting New->Folder in the menus.
I) Name the folder APDriver.
J) Open the folder “APDriver”.
K) Paste the files by right clicking and selecting “Paste” in the middle of Windows Explorer.
You should now see the files from before in your new APDriver folder like so:
If you have not already downloaded your Race_Setup file, then download it at this time.
1) Run the Race_Setup file.
2) Follow the on-screen instructions to install AccessTUNER Race.
3) Click “I accept the above terms...” to indicate that you accept the terms of service.
4) Click next to confirm your selection.
5) Click on “I Agree” to accept the terms of the license agreement.
6) Click Install to begin installation.
7) You should see the following screen:
8) At this point, we need to tell Windows to use the old drivers instead of the new ones that AccessTUNER just installed.
9) Press and hold the Windows key (or command on an Apple keyboard), then press R.
10) Release the Windows key and type in devmgmt.msc as below:
11) Click OK. Right click on the AccessPORT with the yellow sign.
12) Then select “Update Driver Software”.
13) Select Browse my computer for driver software
14) Select Browse.
15) Expand Downloads and select the APDriver folder. Click OK.
16) Click Next and allow Windows to install the Windows 8 drivers.
17) The rest of the installation process can continue as normal.